GiveMeRomance

Give Me Romance

Shine Not Burn - Elle Casey

Shine Not Burn turned out to be a surprisingly delightful story! Why am I surprised? I’ll tell you.

I figured any girl who went to Vegas, got married and didn’t remember, was TSTL (Too Stupid To Live). However, that is definitely not the case for Andie. She’s smart, determined and a brilliant lawyer. However, she sometimes misses the forest for the trees.

I was also surprised because I figured any guy that would marry a girl and then leave her for 2 years was a jerk. I was wrong. Mack isn’t a jerk. He’s wonderful.

Through a series of mishaps that could only happen on a Friends episode, Andie and Mack end up married, she doesn’t remember and they part for 2 years. Then Andie decides to marry someone else, only to find out she’s married. Off to Oregon she goes to sort this mess out.

Only, when she gets there, she sees Mack. Most of it comes rushing back, but not all of it. Then it’s game on. Mack refuses to let her go. He sets out to make her fall in love with him.

It was a surprisingly sweet and delightful story. And let me say, I love me some cowboys! Let’s go to Oregon! Woo Hoo!