GiveMeRomance

Give Me Romance

The Devil You Know - Victoria Vane Out of the three Devil Devere books I’ve read this is by FAR my favorite! Victoria Vane managed to weave a fantastic tale of intrigue, romance, passion and deceit! I was hooked from the moment I started reading!

This book has a definitive darker tone to it from the previous two. The first two were flirtatious and fun. While this one in no way lacks for passion or romance, it is filled with mystery and deceit that will make anyone sit up and take notice. The tone of the story and the writing are darker than the first two but not so dark as to block out the passion. The passion between Diana and Devil burns hot and wild. I found myself hoping for a few more passionate embraces before the end of the book. I guess I’ll have to hope we see more of those in the fourth book!

Diana has been in a passionless marriage for the last 10 years. Even though her marriage has lacked passion and romance, she is woman of principles and remains faithful to her husband. That all changes in the blink of an eye when Diana discovers the truth about her husband. Diana gives in to the seduction of Devil Devere and has two nights of unbridled passion like she has never known. It all comes crashing down around her because of her husband and Devil’s former mistress, the duchess.

Devil does the best he can to protect Diana. Diana takes what Devil offers, although it pains her to do so. In the end, neither are happy or satisfied.

I’m eagerly awaiting the fourth book in this series. I can’t wait to see what happens next to Devil Devere and Diana. I’m also extremely curious to find out who the guilty party is. I have my suspicions but I guess I have to wait until August 24, 2012 when The Devil’s Match will be released! I hope it’s as dark and twisty as this one! I really liked that new element to the Devere series!