GiveMeRomance

Give Me Romance

Demon's Moon - Niall Teasdale Demon's Moon has a bit of everything in it.....demons, werewolves, vampires, witches, sorceresses. It also has a lot of sex in it without the sex. It seems like everyone was having sex every other page, but without the descriptive detail.

I love paranormal books and shapeshifter stories are one of my favorite.

There were some things I liked about this book and others I did not. I loved the battle scenes and reading about the fights was interesting. I was a bit disappointed in the final battle. I found it anti-climatic. I was also disappointed in Ceri that she didn't figure out how to win until the very last moment when I figured it out as soon as I read the prophecy.

I also loved her pet demon Lily. Lily added a lightheartedness that was enjoyable and very much needed in the dark story. I also found her to be a fierce protector of Ceri and that made me lover her more.

A couple of things I did not like were just flat out confusing to me. The beginning of the story focuses on Ceri and her doctoral work. New terminology had me struggling with the story at first but then it got easier to follow. I'm not sure why we spent so much time on her scientific research. I thought it was going to come into play later in the story but it never manifested.

I also had a hard time following the mythology as she was conducting her research. It became more clear after she spoke with Alexandria and then even more clear as they approached the final battle.

The first half of the book was a struggle for me to get through. The last half of the book was very good and I couldn't put it down after that point.