GiveMeRomance

Give Me Romance

When You Give a Duke a Diamond - Shana Galen

I love contemporary romances with their fast paced storylines and faster paced romances. However, I cut my romance reading teeth on historical romances and as such, I harbor a special place for them in reading heart.

When you Give a Duke a Diamond is on FANTASTIC good read! I LOVED every minute of this book! This happens to be one of the better historical romances that I have read, and I’ve read quite a few in my many years!

When You Give a Duke a Diamond jumps right into the story. There’s no build up, it’s sink or swim! And from there it only gets better!

Juliette is a renowned courtesan who has been linked to the Dangerous Duke. The only problem is, she’s never been introduced to the man! When they are both at the same ball with Prinny, she takes a chance and approaches him as he’s speaking with Prinny. The Duke has the nerve to cut her publicly. She does the only thing she can do and strikes back. Then she sweeps out of the room with her head held high.

Later that same night she witnesses the murder of the Duke’s fiancé and the game is on. She needs the Duke to protect her from the killer, how will she convince him to keep her safe? From there they are thrown together as they try to solve the mystery of the Diamonds.

I really liked Juliette. As a divorced woman she has few choices open to her. She takes what life has thrown at her and does the best she can while holding on to her dignity. She’s been forced to remake herself over multiple times in order to survive. As she and the Dangerous Duke try to unravel they mystery of the diamonds, she offers him something he’s never felt before……love. He doesn’t know what to do with her love and ends up botching it all!

When I first met the Duke I didn’t like him….at all. I kept thinking “What a POMPOUS ASS!” As the story moved along and I got to know him better I started to like him. I began to understand why he is the way he is. We are the product of our parents. Juliette challenged him on so many levels and he realized things don’t have to stay the same!

This was a great book and I’m thrilled I got to read it! I can’t wait to read the rest of the books in this series. One mystery was solved, but one remains open. I’m looking forward to finding out the rest of the story!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley for an honest review.