GiveMeRomance

Give Me Romance

The Moon Dwellers (The Dwellers, #1) - David Estes We have movies that discuss the possibility of a meteor hitting the Earth. In those movies we're lucky and they stop the meteor before it hits. But what would happen if it did hit the earth? In Deep Impact they build giant caves to house people so that the human race can survive the fallout of such a meteor. But what happens after? How do they live? What happens to the people, the government?

Moon Dwellers by David Estes tells that story. It's 500 years after the meteor hit the Earth. Government as we know it has changed and not necessarily for the better. There are three classes of people and those with the most power are not kind. Well most of them are not. People are put in prison for crimes they didn't commit. They're put in prison for defending their families from murderous guards. They're killed instantly at the whims of the guards. Things are not good.

Adle is in prison for a crime she didn't commit. Tristan is the son of the President. Together can they make a difference?

Adele breaks out of prison with some friends and sets off to find her sister and her parents. Tristan is chasing her down. Not to take her back to prison, but to find out why there is a connection between them.

This is a very different genre than I usually read and I loved it. There are so many questions that need answers and I'll have to keep reading the series to get them. It's a riveting story told in two perspectives. One is Tristan's and the other is Adele's. Usually that bothers me. I end up irritated when I'm told the same thing from different perspectives. However, it works VERY well in this story. Tristan and Adele are not together for most of the story. So, when it switches POV, you're finding out what's going on in other parts of the story, not just the same piece from a different perspective. Even though you get both pieces of the story, you still have questions. Why is there this connection? Why are they drawn to each other? Is someone helping them? If so, why?

I'm looking forward to the next one in the series!

I was provided a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.