GiveMeRomance

Give Me Romance

Awakened (Awakened, #1) - C.N. Watkins I was so excited when I won this book in a game. I've been looking forward to this book and couldn't wait to dive into it. The premise is good and right up my alley.

It started out really well. Jennifer is college student about to graduate from OU. She has a past she would like to forget and her best friend is right there with her. Stefan is hot. He's tall, good looking and filthy rich at the ripe old age of 25.

Everything was building up to be a fantastic story and then it fell apart. I began to feel like I was reading a shorter and rushed version of 50 Shades of Grey. We have an uber rich guy, who's very controlling with a psycho ex-girlfriend, a body guard and owns a publishing company. Jennifer is not very naive but she does have her issues and comes from a poor family. He buys her a MacBook, red car and blackberry. All elements of FSOG.

Stefan and Jennifer are both mistrusting and anytime something rocky happens between them, the break up. Jennifer's best friend goes from not wanting her to be with Stefan, to being his cheerleader, to not wanting them to be together. I felt like I was going to get whiplash!

There were so many areas this book could have been great! It had so much potential and I REALLY wanted to like it!

I'll definitely read more by C.N. Watkins as I think there's great potential to have a great book! I'm looking forward to reading that book!

I received a copy of this book from the author.