GiveMeRomance

Undeniable - Madeline Sheehan

Raw
Dirty
Gritty

A love story that lasts a lifetime and it’s not pretty. There’s no flowers, no dates, no bashful looks, and no tender touches. Everything in this book is intense.

Deuce and Eva met with Eva was young and visiting her dad at Riker’s Island. Duece was visiting his dad. Eva was 5, he was 23. Over the next 25 years they came and went into each other’s lives. Each time, one of them walked away hurt, either emotionally, physically, or both.

Eva’s life was anything but typical. Her childhood was spent at elite prep boarding schools and hanging out with her dad’s motorcycle gang. That gang would do anything for her. She was theirs.

Deuce was like Eva. He grew up around his dad’s motorcycle gang. The difference, Eva was cherished and Deuce was not. Deuce grew up thinking he wasn’t worth loving.

Frankie came to live with Eva and her dad. Her dad raised Frankie with her. Frankie was psychotic, obsessive, and completely unstable. He was also obsessed with Eva.

Kami was Eva’s friend. They’ve been friends since Kindergarten. Her life should have been a dream. It wasn’t.

What do they all have in common? They’re all looking for love. They want someone to love them, comfort them, keep them safe. Some of them will find it, others will not. Some are willing to die for it.

There was nothing easy or gentle about this book. It was hard hitting, gritty and raw. I loved every minute of it! Madeline Sheehan painted world that not many of us will ever see. It’s a hard life. If you’re not prepared for it, it will eat you up and spit you out. It may do that even if you are ready for it.

My heart broke for Eva over and over. She knew what she wanted. She knew what would make her happy. Every time she thought she was going to get it, it was all ripped away from her. Deuce just couldn’t get it together. He was an ass, a jerk, and total d-bag. But you couldn’t help but love him. I look back and wonder why I like him so much. It can’t be helped.

Undeniable is a wonderful story. But don’t go into thinking you’ll get tender touches and romantic dinners. There’s not one traditional romantic scene in this story. So, what will you get? Human life in all it’s raw, dirty, gritty glory.