GiveMeRomance

Give Me Romance

A Most Scandalous Proposal - Ashlyn Macnamara This review will appear at Romantic Historical Lovers

There’s nothing like a good scandal to keep the tongues of the ton wagging. The St. Claire sisters have certainly done their part to give the gossips plenty to talk about! Julia St. Claire is known as the ice queen. Sophia St. Claire is in love with a man who doesn’t know she exists.

Julia and Benedict have been friends since childhood. He’s saved her from overzealous suitors, made her laugh, and provided a dance partner when needed. He loves her. However, she has no plans to ever fall in love. She’s decided to stay on the shelf.

Enter Clivesdon. The cad. The jerk. The bloody idiot. Sophia has pined for him for 5 years. He doesn't want Sophia. He wants Julia. He wants Julia because she doesn’t love him and will never love him. That way he continue to have whatever woman he wants and not worry about his wife.

Benedict plans to stop Clivesdon.

Then we have Hightower. He was left, by Clivesdon, in a compromising position with Sophia. Now they must marry.

Oh my….what a mess…..

I started reading this story and could NOT put it down. It starts off with a bang and keeps on going! Julia and Sophia are wonderful characters. They’re both strong in their own and find their way through the weeds of the ton. They manage to hold their heads high and face any storm that comes their way.

Benedict and Hightower are the men of dreams. They’re honorable, handsome and will do anything for the women they love. They are truly the men of dreams.

Clivesdon is the perfect adversary. He’s slimy yet titled, so society has to put up with him. He manages to keep his dirty little secrets, quiet….for a while.

The story kept me on my toes. I couldn’t figure out how everything was going to work out, but it did. Ashlyn Macnamara did an amazing job of keeping me guessing and wondering. While I did get the happily ever after I wanted, I was surprised at the way some of the things turned out. It was a pleasant surprise, to the say the least.

Only one complaint. The blurb of the story makes me think I’m only getting Julia and Benedict’s story. However, I got two wonderful stories at the same time. I got the story of Sophia and Hightower. For Sophia and Julia’s stories are so intertwined, you can’t get one without the other!

A copy of this book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley