GiveMeRomance

Give Me Romance

Hunger Aroused (Vampire Hunger #1) - Dee Carney

Hunger Aroused is the first book in this series. I really liked this book. It was a fantastic introduction into Dee’s world of vampires. It’s hot, it’s erotic, it’s AWESOME! Yes. Yes. I loved it. It was quick, it was dirty, it was…….hmmm…….

Jasmine gets sick one day while at work. She’s nurse at a local hospital. Her boss sends her home and along the way she passes by Corin, who happens to be a vampire executioner. He’s on order by the vampire council. Jasmine’s turning wasn’t sanctioned by the council. That means as soon as she’s a full vampire, he’ll have to kill her. He’ll also have to find her sire and kill them. What a mess.

Along the way, Corin starts to feel something for Jasmine. He’ll kill her if he’s ordered to. He’s just hoping to find a way to not kill her. He wants to keep her.

This was an amazingly hot vampire story. It had some elements of vampire stories we’ve seen before but it also has some new ones. Vampires are intensely erotic in this story. There’s an added bit of mystery to this story. First, we don’t know who Jasmine’s sire is. Second, there’s an undercurrent in the story that tells of a something larger brewing.

So, we have hot erotic vampire sex. We have a mystery of the sire. We have something larger brewing. We also get a hint that vampires are not the only supernatural creatures out there. Nothing is ever said out loud about it, but there’s definitely a hint or two of something…….else.

All of these things add up to make an amazingly intense, hot, erotic vampire love story.