GiveMeRomance

Give Me Romance

Provoked (Dark Protectors, #5) - Rebecca Zanetti

I jumped into this series at number 5. I was hooked from the very beginning and I have EVERY intention of going back to read the first 4. I’ve already met all the characters from the first 4, now I just need their stories!

Rebecca Zanetti brought a new view to vampires and shapeshifters, and it’s one I really like! We have things paranormal in this series, witches, vampires, shapeshifters, and demons. On top of that we have intrigue, battles, hot sex, romance and stubborn women who put up with these alpha men.

I loved Amber from the very beginning. She’s not your typical kick-ass heroine. She’s kick-ass but no in the usual way. She’s a pacifist. Now, how does that play into a world where there is a war among all the different paranormal factions? Quite nicely! Amber found a way to walk in this violent world she’s been drug into, while keeping her pacifist ways.

Kane is the logical one. Everything balances through logic and reason with him. Love doesn’t exist. It’s a chemical reaction in the brain, right? Amber will test him as no other has! The entire time he’s trying to figure Amber out, he’s looking for his brother, who’s been held prisoner for the past 4 years. Hopefully Amber can help!

This was a fabulous story and it’s definitely not the last one! I’ve been left with so many teasers in this one, that I’m eagerly anticipating the next one! Meanwhile, I need to go back and read the first 4.

Rebecca Zanetti’s view on the paranormal world is amazing and I’ve loved every minute of it! I’m ready for more!

A copy of the book was provided by the publisher via NetGalley for an honest review.