GiveMeRomance

Give Me Romance

Eternal Service - Regina Morris

Eternal Service is the story of vampires and how the work with humans to protect the President of the US. In this capacity, Raymond met Alex and fell in love.

Regina Morris managed to bring to life a vampire story that has some of the traits we know and love about vampires, while also bringing about some new insights. Since this is a new world for us, Regina did an excellent job of introducing us to her take on vampires.

Since Alex has accepted a new position within The Colony, a group of vampires who protect the president, she has lots of questions. These questions are used to tell us about vampires in this world. It was also used for Raymond and Alex to get to know each other.

I enjoyed the story and found it interesting. While there was a definite romance in the story, it wasn’t hot and heavy. The romance moved very slowly for me. There was some tension between Alex and Raymond but not much. It was ¾ of the way through the story before they actually did the deed. I really felt like this was more a story about vampires in service to the country than a romance. I was really hoping for it to be both. Perhaps it’s because it was the first in the series and we have a lot of back building to do.

There was a nice fight scene at the end that lent itself to a lot tension. It gave us lots of fodder for tension and to see how much Alex loved Raymond.

I did see a potential romance in the building in this story and I’ll be curious to see how that plays out in a later book. I also can’t wait to see how Sterling, Raymond’s son and resident hound-dog, falls.