GiveMeRomance

Give Me Romance

Sink or Swim (Fight or Flight, #1.5)

Sink or Swim (Fight or Flight, #1.5) - Jamie Canosa

Every once in a while you read a book that makes you sit up and take notice. Sink or Swim is one of those.

From the very first page I was hooked on this story. It’s a heartbreaking story that will leave you shattered. To use one of my favorite phrases…it’s left me with a book hangover.

Alie left town 6 months ago. No note. No forwarding address. Nothing. She even left her cell phone. Now she’s back. She’s here to take care of her dying mother.

Dean has missed Alie since she left. He has no idea why she left. He has no idea the horrors she’s lived through. But he’s determined to find out. And it just might kill her.

Dean and Alie have a love that will make you believe in young love and forever love. But to get there, they have to travel through hell. Alie’s been in hell all her life. Dean has no idea what’s going on, but when he finds out, he’ll risk everything to save her.

This story really tears at me. I have very conflicted emotions about it. On the one hand, it brings to light some very serious social issues that we need to be aware of and do something about. It breaks my heart to think of anyone going through what Alie went through. It’s also a love story. It’s about a love that can withstand the test of time, heartbreak and hell. So, while on the one hand it rips your heart out, on the other it restores your faith in neighbors, friends, and love.

I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.